Why Choose Us?
Aside from our experience, location and reputation - here are some more good reasons for choosing us!
- ESTABLISHED 1998’. The ESF Surf School and Rob Barber’s Bodyboarding School have been established since 1998 and are recognised as flagship coaching facilities for surfing and bodyboarding in England.
- SUPPORTING ENGLISH SURFING. The School actively supports UK surfing through the English Surf Federation - a percentage of our profits are ploughed back into English surfing. Without our support UK surfers would have an even harder time competing and achieving their potential. See About the ESF for more details.
- BRITISH TEAM COACH. Owner, manager and head coach Rob Barber has 20 years surfing experience and has coached all abilities from total novice to international competitor. He has also been selected as a British team coach on 5 separate occasions.
- BRITISH SURF SCHOOL CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE. The school has been awarded a Level 3 Certificate by Surfing Great Britain (the highest achievable). Staff coaches are National Coaching Federation members and the school has £10 000 000 public liability insurance.
- UNBEATABLE SAFETY. The ESF prides itself on leading through example as far as safety and coaching are concerned. We strictly adhere to the national standard safety rules, always have the correct ‘student to pupil’ ratios and provide regular staff training exercises. See our 2012 training blog http://www.newquayactivitycentre.co.uk/blog/?p=91
- CATERING CUSTOMERS NEEDS. We are totally flexible to the customer’s needs and are constantly refining our courses and events to offer the premium service in the industry. We aim to teach you to surf the right way from the start in a fun, relaxed environment.
- 365 DAYS A YEAR SEVEN DAYS A WEEK. We’re open all year round and take phone enquiries from 8am to 10pm. We will reply to your email with in an hour or two max!
- DEALS ON EQUIPMENT HIRE. Discounted equipment hire is available if you would like to try out your new skills after your lesson.
- FREE BUBBLY! Stag/Hen/birthday groups receive a bottle of bubbly on completion of the lesson!
- CHANGING ROOMS AND VALUABLES STORAGE. We have individual heated changing facilities for males and females and provide safe storage for your clothes and valuable belongings.
- EXPERIENCED AND QUALIFIED COACHES. All instructors are qualified beach lifeguards and qualified Surfing GB and/or International Surfing Association surf coaches. All of our instructors are very experienced surfers; most with 15 years plus personal surfing experience surfing at home and all over the world including many of our staff who have competed at a national level. Check out the Coaches pages for each of the instructor’s credentials.
- MAXIMIZING TIME IN THE WATER. We offer full 2 hour ‘beach and ocean’ instruction in each lesson: maximum water time.
- LESSONS CATERED TO THE INDIVIDUAL. Lessons can be as formal or as relaxed as you want (within our safety rules).
- HUGE SUCCESS RATE. We get results. We have an 80% stand up rate after one lesson.
- PERFECT LOCATION We are the only surf school in Newquay which can boast short walking distances to two of the best surfing beaches in Newquay. Our closest beach is the world famous Fistral beach a mere two hundred metres away. In the opposite direction it’s a short 5 minute walk to Towan beach ideal shelter from Fistral when the waves are too big.
- We are the flagship school for English Surfing!
Please check out our various courses and
prices and our events. For more information
please contact us or to book go to
the booking online page.
If you have any questions or would rather book over the phone then please
don’t hesitate to give Rob a call on 01637 879571.
Fantastic time. Best thing all weekend! YEE HA!!!"
Robbie Harris, 28, Kings Lynn
I've Coasteered before, last time was in Pembrokeshire. This was 10 times better! Had an awesome time!! Thank you!"
Ben Cluit's stag-do visited us in June 2012
I have done all sorts of different sports but this is quite possibly the best thing I have ever done!.. If Calsberg did adventure days........"
Tommy Goode, 31, Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
Surfing was great, girls were really friendly and we had a great time and learnt loads"
Nathan Smith, 41, Wimborne